Category Archives: Thorntons

I’m in some money

To totally spoil the video choice for some, yes, this is the version where Ginger Rogers has fun with the lyrics, and includes a certain Miss Clara Elaine Johnson dressed in some money in the second half of the video, but anyway…

The first shocking moment to come out of the day was actually the time I came downstairs and had breakfast this morning. I know, 8 in the morning, on a Saturday for some (fine, many) would be early, but for me of recent times, total luxury, lol. No, sleeping right through night isnt happening yet without bathroom visit, but only 1, and able to get up at such a wicked hour, well…

The first nice moment of the day actually didnt relate to money directly. As mentioned before, some very nice people donated money to the old cancer patient, either by entering a golf competition, or in a couple of generous cases, money on top of that. So, given the sweet fix all this treatment stuff has given me, I went on Thornton’s website on Thursday (non expensive tastes, lol), and ordered 3 boxes for the price of 2, their special offer. Yes, I’m a Yorkshire girl, I still dont spend money wildly, lol. Delivery was marked as 3-5 days from order, so I was assuming early part of next week. Yes, email said out for delivery today, and yes, sat by me now, though untouched so far, arent I good, even if I dont know why?

The amusing side of this was the box. It was huge! Thankfully I didnt have to deal with it, Eric did. In truth, 10% of the box was chocolates, the other 90% was packaging! Seriously, I thought Amazon was bad for packing, but seriously…

I have been doing my banking online for quite a while now, long before my brain went AWOL but I only tend to check on balance when I’m told money has gone in, or I need to transfer money out of it. Other than that, nothing is happening, so I leave it to ‘sleep’, lol. So therefore it was only when I got a letter today from the PIP (Personal Independence Payment) people saying that they had completed the process of approving my benefits, and had paid me my back payment yesterday, from date of claim, ooh! I also got a message from another benefit department, telling me that it had now been confirmed that I have been accepted as entitled to benefits for unemployment, with no need to search for work, due to my circumstances. I know, both were formalities, but it has to be done properly, so…weight off my mind, for sure. Main (only?) thing to come now is the disabled bus pass, but given there is zero need for that before 9th December, and more realistically, the beginning of New Year, no great concern at moment. Have got my first bus trip planned, the once every 2 hours bus from outside home, into town, to the cafe in the Bus Station, and buy coffee and cake for me, and Eric.

I do plan to do a similar trip with Linda before then, if possible, to christen the blue badge, but all this is at least 4 weeks off, so… and I will see her on 11th (day before works meal) December, though that will be a separate trip.

No, I’m not going to be rich, but all this will enable me to survive, for sure. So fair to say, its been a good day, and in some money.

OK, video time. Ginger Rogers, Clara Johnson, and skimpy outfits, all in under 3 minutes, what more could you ask for? So…